Children's Therapy Center
Dear Parents and Caregivers,
Your child’s health and safety are of major concern to us and with all of the news about Coronavirus (COVID-19), there have been many questions regarding how Children’s Therapy Center will respond to this situation. We are staying up to date and implementing the recommendations set forth by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) for infection control and making some changes to help do our part in keeping your kids safe. Please read the following to see any updates we have made:
• If your family and/or your child has recently traveled on a cruise ship or out of the country, you must wait 14 days before bringing your child to therapy.
• Effective immediately, we will be decreasing interaction in our lobby by having our therapists come to your car to get your child for therapy. Families must text us upon arrival and our office staff will text you back to let you know we received your text. Your child will be signed in and your therapist will come meet you at your car as soon as possible.
PHONE NUMBERS FOR TEXTING: 601-633-1440
• Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your child’s appointment and pick up times. You must have your child and his/her supplies ready. DO NOT let your child out of the car before the therapist arrives as there will be many cars coming and going. Please bear with us on our timeliness as we will be taking time between sessions to thoroughly wash our hands and clean our therapy rooms.
• If you wish to come back to therapy with your child, we are only allowing one family member back at a time.
• Do not bring your child to therapy if he/she has fever with or without cold/flu-like symptoms. Our policy continues to be that a child must be free of fever (without the use of medication) for 24 hours before returning to therapy. If your child has or has been exposed to anyone with flu-like symptoms, please call and cancel therapy. Per our current policy, you must call to cancel therapy as soon as possible, preferably 24 hours in advance.
• Infection control continues to be a high priority at Children’s Therapy Center, and we want to let you know we are doing everything in our power to minimize and eliminate unnecessary exposure including minimizing contact and maintaining physical distance between children, only one child and therapist in the gym area at one time, disinfecting thoroughly before and after each child, and removing toys from the lobby. This list is not exhaustive. We are very diligent in infection control.
If you have any questions or concerns about these changes, feel free to contact us directly at our numbers listed below. We care about your children as if they were our own and want to protect them by controlling the spread of this virus to our clinic. This continues to remain a very fluid situation, so we will continue to update you as more information becomes available or if we make any additional changes.
Children’s Therapy Center Owner
Play & Learn
We will Take care of your Kids
Our Speech Language Pathologists are proficient at addressing areas including Speech/Language skills, feeding aversions, oral motor movements and stimulation, swallowing disorders and much more.
Our Occupational Therapists treat disorders including eye/hand coordination, fine motor skills, grasp/handwriting, sensory integration, self-care skills, visual motor/perceptual skills, upper extremity function, therapeutic listening, and more.
Our physical therapists provide services treating atypical movement patterns, balance/coordination, decreased strength and endurance, gait training, gross motor skills, kinesiotaping, adaptive equipment needs and more.